Residential Insulation Requirements

Have your home insulation sorted by 1 July 2019


As of 1 July 2019, it is compulsory for all rental homes to have proper insulations that meet the EECA compliance standards (Energy Efficiency Conservation Authority). The insulation is rated using the measurements of R-value. Higher R-value has better insulation. If you’re unsure what the residential insulation requirements are, read through the Insulation Regulations here or visit Tenancy Services, a government website for all issues regarding your rights and responsibilities as landlords, tenants or a unit title owner.

Know your rights and be well informed! To give you an idea, the landlord is required to disclose information regarding the insulation conditions in the rental home. They have to know and inform you of the whereabouts of the insulations, the type and state of the insulation to make sure that you can make an informed decision. After all, you wouldn’t want to be in a house with poor insulation, especially during the winter times when you need as much heat kept in the house and out during summer times to keep cool.

A landlord who does not make a complete insulation statement or includes anything they know to be false or misleading is committing an unlawful act and may be liable for a penalty of up to $500. By 1 July 2019, those who fail to comply with the new legislation could be liable for a penalty of $4000.

At ParkIt, we take the process of preparing and maintaining rental properties for new or old ownerships very seriously. We stay up to date and deal with the housing regulations to keep you worry-free. Contact us for the provision of cost-effective solutions including initial assessment, installation or upgrade. To ensure you get the best price, our process includes obtaining 3rd party quotes and if required our service may extend to project management, at negligible cost to our owners.

If you have any queries on this programme, please contact us.

Let us help you to make the most out of your investment